Friday, January 21, 2011

The Sinister Spire – Turn Results 4

The party performed a thorough search of the terrace. Thurstan, Turok and Dargoth examined the bodies and determined that one had been turned to stone and the other had been killed by arrows and snake bites to the face.

Banjo surmised that the party had discovered an earth node, a pocket of naturally occurring magical power. He will need more time to determine if and how to tap it.

Mr. Wolfe found a faint set of tracks left by a medium-sized humanoid wearing boots. The tracks lead to the edge of the terrace and it appeared that the creature walked off the edge.

Clint deciphered the note that the Halfling carried. It was written in a language that none of the party could read. It translated as:

Fadheela,

I have been delayed. My servants carry the king's bones and all of the items of his champions that I could find. Merthύvial I cannot locate. I shall spend a bit more time trying to find it, but I am sending these on so our rendezvous is not compromised. Please give the Vanguard my regards. I shall be along shortly.

- Xeron

The descent to the floor of the earth node was approximately 150 feet. Turok and N’Kima took the lead. Once the group signaled that they had reached the bottom, Thurstan unfastened the grappling hook and let the rope fall to the bottom. The cleric cast Gaseous Form upon himself and descended the distance as a cloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment