Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A new year begins!

I hope that everyone had a restful and enjoyable holiday season.

As you can see we are off and running with the new year. We finished up last year strong and are off to a good start so far in this year. Keep up the good work with posting your turns. I do not expect to post every day but I would still like to commit to posting 3 turns a week. If time permits I will post bonus turns. Player participation is key to avoiding the dead time we had last year in late January through late March. Your interest keeps your fellow players and me focused.

As I have said previously, we are nearing the end of our current adventure. Please start planning what you will do when you level up to 5th. That will happen once the adventure concludes. There will be some loose ends to tie up and some bookkeeping at the end of the adventure which will take some time and your participation. You will have the opportunity to shop but please remember that Kingsholm is a small town. The town has about a 600 GP purchase limit. The next adventure will offer more opportunities to shop but not immediately out of the gate.

Other items of note:

 - Hans will be joining our game at the start of the next adventure. I do not know what he is planning to play, and I am not sure that he is 100% decided, so now is your chance to try and sway him.
 - The NPC Leera will be leaving the party. Once you return to the surface, she will depart.

I will start the next adventure once I have the updated characters from the players. (Hans - if you do not have the Hero Labs software, either one of the other players or I will add it to the program and post it to the website. We will also send you a PDF.)

I hope that everyone has liked the recent changes I have made to the blog. I have tried to incorporate as many of your suggestions as I can. I cannot say that I will be able or willing to address every concern but please keep your suggestions coming.

10 comments:

  1. As far as what Hans should make up goes, we have the 4 Basic Monster Food Groups covered. I think we could use either another stand-up fighter or buffer. Or, you could combine the 2 and play a cavalier!
    HALFLING CAVALIER FTW! I'm serious. A halfling cavalier riding a wolf or wardog around a dungeon would tear it up. It even goes with his name: Hans' Halfling Cavalier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is Hans lurking now? he can pipe up anytime he wants. maybe introduce himself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not heard from him in a few weeks but Hans is set to receive e-mail notifications for both posts and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hans is also set as an author like the rest of you. He is showing as Pariah in the Contributors section. (That is not Jon.)

    You can all create your own posts on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On behalf of Hans:

    Hi!

    Great job all.

    I don’t have the Hero Labs Software, so a PDF and/link on the website would be helpful.

    Unless the party is against a druid; I was thinking of making Turok, Son of Stone with his ape companion, N’Kima. That way we could have a fighter+fighter/buffer.

    I am at work, but will be able to send the character after basketball tonight.

    I am excited!
    Hans

    ReplyDelete
  6. Druids, although they can get frisky every once in a while, are very nice to have along on the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi -

    This is a test post. I have found that my work filters prevent me from posting from there. Nuts.

    Glad to be aboard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well damn The Man. Druid is all good. Welcome aboard Hans

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just checking in to see if character sheet is up to snuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was only able to give it a quick once over.

    The only thing that I know needs correcting is your hit points. The way I calculate them your total should be 62. 8x5 (max HD)+13 (CON Score) +4 (+1 CON bonus for 2nd-5th)+5 for Toughness feat.

    It looks like you took +1 skill point per level rather than hit points.

    You might be high on magic as compared to the rest of the group. Let me look that over and I will let you know.

    I will put it into Hero Lab and see if anything pops up.

    ReplyDelete