Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Barrow of the Forgotten King - GM Turn Post 137

Once all the enemies were dead, a calm fell over the tomb. Banjo took 4 more damage as the Acid Arrow ran its course. After that, the party was able to take a breath in relief but before they could do anything further, the features of the statues changed.

All four statues look at you. The statue of the king looks up, and a translucent apparition steps forward. He speaks in a strong but somehow distant voice, smiling warmly.

"Thank you, my friends. It is good to see that heroism remains in this world. My time to return is not now, but it might be soon."

"In my time it was prophesied that my rule would end prematurely, but that I would return to aid the world in its most dire struggle. I sense that time coming, but my bones have been stolen, and if they are not recovered, I do not know if the prophecy can be fulfilled."

"My name is Theron, but that is no matter, for my time is past. The name you need to know is Sertrous. I heard that Scundrel" - the king gestures toward the body of Xeron - "refer to something called Vanguard of Sertrous, and while I do not know who or what the Vanguard of Sertrous is, I know that it is evil. It must not triumph!"

"The villains stole my bones, and the weapons of my wife and my champions! Those arms are very powerful and should not be used in the service of evil. Still, they did not get this ...."

King Theron reaches down into a sarchophagus and through its bottom. When his hand emerges, it holds a black longsword that glows with a silvery light.

"This weapon, Merthύvial," he says, "once helped me save a kingdom. May it aid you in your heroics and serve as thanks from a forgotten king."

After handing you the sword, the apparition disappears, as do the lifelike images on the other statues. The quiet of stone and death prevades the area, the light of the magic blade shining brightly.

What do you do now?

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Party Health:

Thurstan 50/52, Wolf 33/33, Banjo 35/44, Clint 29/47, Dargoth 59/60, Kirlic 1/58, Leera 38/38

Conditions:


Banjo: +1 morale bonus to saves, attack rolls, ability checks and skill rolls for the next 24 hours.

Thurstan: +1 morale bonus to saves, attack rolls, ability checks and skill rolls for the next 24 hours.

Wolf: +1 morale bonus to saves, attack rolls, ability checks and skill rolls for the next 24 hours.

Clint: +1 morale bonus to saves, attack rolls, ability checks and skill rolls for the next 24 hours.

Kirlic: +1 morale bonus to saves, attack rolls, ability checks and skill rolls for the next 24 hours.

Dargoth: +1 morale bonus to saves, attack rolls, ability checks and skill rolls for the next 24 hours.

Dargoth: Ray of Enfeeblement – Penalty of -7 STR for 4 rounds. (-3 to hit/damage)

Leera: Shaken - –2 penalty on saves, attack rolls, ability checks and skill rolls for the next 24 hours.

20 comments:

  1. 1st things 1st...

    Thurstan channels his last channel for [4] [3]=7

    thats all my healing for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banjo says:

    "See? I TOLD you the real king would give us riches. Or a pony. A magic sword is better than a pony, dont you think?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Oh, and I think it would be a BAD idea to try and ransack this room for treasure--aside from whatever these chuckleheads got on em." Banjo kicks the dead hobbo.
    "Dont you agree, CLINT?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all for resting. I would guess that this is the safest room in the complex at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thurstans roll to ID the sword (19)+?=?
    (@ work, no sheet)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Resting and ID'ing all the weapons would be a good thing.

    Need to head back to town and start looking for the "Vanguard of Sertrous"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clint begins to busy himself with a search of the bodies, their belongings, and the room in general. Taking my time, being very thorough...

    Rolls:
    [11] [10] [5] [19] [9] [6] [11] [15] [8] [8]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scooping up my blood, pouring it back in the holes.

    I'll take a moment to try and 'right' anything the grave robbers have disturbed in here. Closing lids, replacing remains, saying a prayer to Desna as I work. I'm not disturbing anything that wasn't displaced by the robbers.

    I also recover my thunderstone (if they are reusable, I'm not sure)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thurstan helps Kirlic 'righting' things in the crypt, and says prayers of thanks to Gozhreh.

    And helps with identifying any magic we have.

    And feeds mr Wolfe before setting him on gaurd duty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doesnt going back to town involve hacking our way thru a monster-infested maze? We should rest here.

    Rolls to ID items:

    12, 10, 11, 3, 15, 20, 13, 6, 17

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here is what I take away from your responses so far:

    - Search and loot the dead bad guys
    - Try to identify the loot starting with the longsword, Merthύvial
    - Clean up the place as best as you can
    - Rest here
    - Head back to town

    Did I miss anything?

    Is anyone examining the hole in the floor that the hobgoblin was digging? Is this covered in Clint's investigations?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks good to me, I agree. Rest here before moving.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everyone should give me a Knowledge: History check.

    ReplyDelete
  14. bleh. [8] + penalties = No so good at history.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dargoth,

    History is for non fighters. [2] yeah what history? Not so much.

    I guess also we gather up the "Spoils of War" to sell and get some money. Not looting stuff that is not ours. Long live the king.

    ReplyDelete
  16. "Hey, I know what's history- these grave robbin' jackasses!" *high-five*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dude come on. Who puts points in History?

    We would examine the hole the hobbo was digging. We need to know what Xeron's plan was, so we can be sure that it was thwarted with his timely death.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry forgot to post this...

    YES Clint would like to inspect the hole being dug, and try to deduce what else might be down there...

    "I'm not one to uncerimoniously raid a tomb for riches, but the good king seems intent on us recovering his bones... perhaps there is something else here which might aid us?"

    Rolls:
    [20] [18] [14] [2] [18]

    ReplyDelete
  19. thurstan thinks it would be ok to loot the room, because he said..

    "The villains stole my bones, and the weapons of my wife and my champions! Those arms are very powerful and should not be used in the service of evil."

    it's implied that we could use them in the service of good.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I got the impression that was a quest seed. I think Xeron robbed the King and sent the goodies away with minions.

    ReplyDelete