Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Sinister Spire - Turn Results 23

Careful examination of the servers and Barkeep indicate that they as some sort of unidentifiable undead. They are pleasant and dutiful and do not act in a hostile or threatening manner. The patrons seem at ease with the staff but they take some getting used to once their origin is determined. After having something to eat and securing a few rooms, the party nervously approached Es Sarch.

The figue's face is lost in the vouminous folds of its bizarre robe. An odor like thyme mixed with dirt intensefies as the figure raises and arm in greeting and speaks in a raspy voice. "Travelers from the sun-poisoned skin of the world, welcome. I am Es Sarch. I deal in information. Thus I know many truths, but not the one that brings you to this fallen city."

The group asked some questions of Es Sarch.

Banjo - Q : Do you know anything about the Vanguard of Sertrous?

A: I do not know of this organization but I will be mindful to investigate it.

Banjo, Thurstan, Dargoth - Q: Do you have any information on the aboleth?

A: Its name is Imaug. It lives within the Sullen Sea and preys upon those who cannot defend themselves. He has a pack of Skum that usually does his dirty work. Those that run afoul of the creature do not usually return to tell the tale.

Clint - Q: What can you tell us about the Assassins’ Guild?

A: The guild takes initial orders through their drop box. The order must include the victim and a location for where the requestor may be contacted. If the target is found acceptable, a representative will contact the requestor and collect half of the attempt fee up front. When a hit is fulfilled, the assassin destroys the victim’s head preventing easy use of magic on the corpse.

Fees have a base cost of 1000 GP plus 300GP per HD of the target. The other half of the fee is collected if the hit is successful. Either way the contract ends once the attempt has been made. Certain powerful people have paid far more than this fee to place themselves on the safe list.

Banjo - Q: Can you supply more sensitive information on Fadheela?

Clint - Q: Have you heard anything about items taken from the Forgotten King’s tomb or the whereabouts of his bones?

A: I have given you information freely, up till now. I do know something of what you speak, but to learn more, I must expend resources. Thus, I propose an alliance. Aid me with a few tasks I’d prefer to be accomplished by those outside Pedestal’s power structure. Upon your completion of thos tasks, I’ll know more of Fadheela. In your debt for your favors to me, I will deliver that information to you. What say you?

No comments:

Post a Comment