Friday, September 25, 2009

It has been six months since we started the game

It has been six months since we started the game and I am looking for some feedback.

In general, I believe that this has been a successful experiment so far. I will be posting the results for turn 46 and the turn post for 47 later tonight. That means that we are averaging about 8 turns per month. Our best was 14 turns and the worst was 5 turns. My best guess is that we are about 1/3 of the way through the adventure.

Some observations from the GM perspective is that non-combat turns tend to bog down the play. When there is a clear direction or limited choices, the players tend to respond better. When we have had a puzzzle or decisions of how to proceed that does not involve one or two options, player responses seem to get fuzzy or non-existent.

In the less clear, non-combat portions, would you like me to boil down your options? i.e. after the fight you loot the monsters and then you a) rest in this room for the night, b) head back to town to rest, c) open the door and proceed further into the crypt.

Collectively we appear to have lost focus and enthusiasim for the game from time to time. I have been guilty of that a few times as "real life" has caused me some delas in getting turns posted. I am sure that is the case for each of you. Rather than wait on players to post their turns, should we have a standard set of orders for each character for combat and non-combat that will be executed if the player does not post on time? I would treat this like the standard marching order that I received at the start of the game. I will plan on using it unless specifically ordered otherwise.

Please feel free to post your feelings using the poll. If you have any specific suggestions or comments, please add them to this thread.

3 comments:

  1. boiling down our options works for me, since we cant dicuss our options.

    it could be a vote on the side bar with a time limit, and the option in the lead at deadline is the one we do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im with Bruce on this one. Seeing as how we cant really table talk, if you narrowed down the options for open-ended areas I think the flow would improve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree and disagree. You can "table talk" but it requires that the players post within the GM Turn Post or to open additional threads.

    ReplyDelete