Friday, March 6, 2009

You will need characters if we want to play

You will all need to figure out what characters that you would like to play. You should also pick out an avatar (image) for your character that I can use for the combat map. If you do not care, I can pick one for you. I will come up with a legend for the map and monster avatars. The e-tools program had a lot of art work to pick from.

I have invited five people to play to start. Bruce, Dave, Paul, Matt and Brian (computer savy, gaminging freaks that you are). If we do not get enough players, we can double up with characters or we can invite additional players. I will leave that up to you to decide. I think five or six characters would be perfect.

Characters should be 1st level to start. Please use the point buy chart and starting hit points as found on my web page, http://sites.google.com/site/zombiehomepage/Home/zombie-s-d-d-pathfinder-page. There is also links to other resources like character sheets and where to download the beta rules. Be reasonable with your starting equipment. I will need copies of your characters. If you want to create a bio, that would be cool and can lead to interesting story/character development. I will post the sheets to my web site. I should be able to link to them from the blog. Once everyone has characters, we can get started.

I have an adventure in mind. I will dig it out and review it this weekend to see if it will meet our purposes. If so, it is one of three connected adventures that should keep us busy for a while. If not, I will come up with something else.

My goal is to process turns three times a week. That will require that everyone submit their turn responses before we can resolve an open turn. I will need any standing orders like marching orders and SOP for opening door in advance so that I can establish the Combat Map when needed. I will need spell lists at the end of any rest period. I will track damage, healing and spell/item/charge use. I will also track treasure/item distribution.

If a submitted turn response becomes invalid or needs to be modified, I will use my best guess. If time allows, I will ask for the player's input. I will do my best to keep in the spirit of your request.

As always, I am open to suggestions and feedback. I want to make this fun and not lame.

7 comments:

  1. Matt is in too. That gives you four.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna play a fighter or a sorcerer. What is everyone else playing? If there's only 4 or 5 of us we should make sure we have the Four Basic Monster Food Groups covered:

    Stand-up fighter. Paladin, Barbarian, Fighter, or Monk. NOT a Bard or some flavor of bow-monkey.

    Good-aligned Cleric. NOT a druid or a bard. Ask Bruce what a difference it makes to have a real cleric in the group.

    Old School Thief. At least one level of Rogue -- someone to find and remove traps.

    Arcane caster. Sorcerer or Wizard. Someone to room-sweep and identify magic items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am thinking cleric for myself, cause i'm a selfless person by nature, here to help others. thoughts? comments? shouts of blastphemer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. what area are these mooks from, would a sea god work, i'm thinking of Gozreh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The story that I plan to run is land based. I have only ready parts of the first adventure so there may be parts that I am unfamiliar. I do not anticipate much sea interaction. The adventure is not set in Golarion but I will see if I can set it within the game world. More details to follow.

    Looks like you will need to have 2nd level characters rather than 1st. The adventure calls for 4-6 2nd level characters. They should be 4th or 5th at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If we level faster in the blog game than on Tuesday we're going to let Darren rape you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It could happen (the leveling not the rape). You will be placing turns up to three times a week. Even with that, I do not think it is likely. I am not sure how the pacing will be.

    ReplyDelete