Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I had an idea ...

It was recently brought to my attention that Paul would like to start gaming with us again but there is the fact that he lives in Chicago that is causing some issues. There were suggestions of adding him as a player using webcams at existing games but the idea seemed to be too cumbersome to me.

After putting some thought into it, I think that we could run a successful, play-by-blog game. I have not worked out all of the logistic yet but it seems like it should work. It would not be quite the same as being there but let's face it, neither would the webcam.

I would propose that I could run (at least to get things started). I would suggest 1st level Pathfinder Beta characters. I can devote a section of my web site to materials for the game. We can store chracters, maps, etc. there. Turns would be posted to the blog on a schedule of say every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The GM would make the initial post. Players would respond with their official decisions as comments to that post during that day or the next. Side conversations, trash talk and BS could be performed in other posts. Things that require votes can be handled as polls.

We will need to work out the rules of how to play. I will draft something and get it out shortly.

What do you guys think? Any takers?

2 comments:

  1. standard "keith rules" apply to rolling up a toon? point system, max hp, etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Those rules would apply. These are listed on my web site at http://sites.google.com/site/zombiehomepage/Home/zombie-s-d-d-pathfinder-page.

    ReplyDelete